Today we’re happy to announce a new release of Dradis Professional Edition: Dradis Pro v1.10.
March 2014 has been a great month: first we took part in Corelan Team’s 5th Anniversary party then we attended the first edition of the Rooted Warfare event and now we have a fresh release ready for you (yes, yes, technically we’re not in March any more, but it’s close enough!).
It’s been only 3 months since our last release, but this one is full of action:
- A more useful Project Summary view (see below).
- Tag issues and group them by tag.
- New Project Template manager.
- Performance improvements to several plugins (Nmap, Word, etc.)
- Improvements to the management console (see below).
- Several improvements on the UTF-8 and i18n front.
- And of course bug fixes, lots of bug fixes
(#43, #44, #64, #65, #72, #75, #77, #78, #85,… full list)
Lets get a closer look of some of the most significant enhancements…
This is what the new Project Summary page looks like:
All in all, the new Project Summary gives you a nice big picture overview of what is going on with the project. This is great for team leaders and technical directors wanting to keep an eye on the projects across the board. And if the client asks for an update, you’ll have all the information you need in a single screen. Nice and easy.
Lets delve into the key components of this new summary view.
First of all, it is now possible to group and tag your findings. You can define your own categories and colors or you can use the default ones, up to you.
In terms of doing the real assigning, a nice drag-and-drop interface makes it a very straightforward and intuitive process:
Track methodology progress
Testing methodology support was introduced some time ago. However in this release we’re making it a lot easier to keep track of how much progress you and your team have made.
You can of course create your own testing methodologies. But remember that to help you get started there are quite a few already available in the Resources section of our Users Portal:
Management console improvements
We’ve some good news on the Dradis CIC as well.
There are a few services ticking along in the background to make sure you have a great Dradis Pro experience. Every once in a while however, you may want to restart some of this services (e.g. you developed a new custom plugin, you made a change to your MySQL config, etc.). Before you had to roll up your sleeves and prepare for some good old console goodness. Not any more! From now on, it is possible to check the status of the different services and restart them from the web interface itself:
How to upgrade to Dradis Pro v1.10
Just head over to the release page and follow the instructions:
Still not a Dradis user?
These are some of the benefits you will get:
- Spend less time writing reports, generate custom Word reports with 1 click.
- Merge the output from different tools into a single report.
- Use testing methodologies to guide your testing.
- Everyone on the same page: all information available across the team.
- Pro is reliable, up-to-date and with comes with quality support
Read more about Dradis Pro’s time-saving features.